POST NATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
35 hrs teacher training qualification
28 Contact hrs
4 hrs Assignments
3 hrs Class Observations (included in fee)
WHO IS IT FOR?
Teachers who have completed a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training who want to deepen their knowledge of Post Natal Yoga.
32 hours advanced teacher training accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals
- The anatomy and physiology of labour and birth and the post-natal period up to nine months post birth.
- The effects of hormones on the post-natal body
- Understanding how to work safely with mothers after caesarean births, with Diastasis Recti, post-natal depression and other common traits of the post-natal period and early motherhood.
- In depth study of the benefit of asana and adaptations at different stages through the post-natal period.
- Pranayama to release exhaustion, anxiety and to energise and re-connect with self and breathwork to tone the pelvic floor muscles.
- Mantra and meditation to boost self-esteem and confidence alongside an exploration of the emotional experience.
FOLLOWING THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Feel confident to work safely with mothers from 6 weeks post birth to make all classes inclusive, engaging and welcoming.
- Have a full range of asana and adaptations to meet the needs of all mothers attending your classes.
- Enjoy creative sequencing that can be adapted for mothers from 6 weeks to 9 months post birth.
- Feel confident teaching pelvic floor exercises and incorporating this into asana.
- Know the do’s and don’ts for each mother in your class according to her pregnancy and birth experience.
- Be able to create a nurturing space where students feel safe to share emotions and experiences.
- Know when to signpost students to other professionals.
- How to manage the fluid energy of a class that includes babies.
- Use your knowledge of the post-natal body to creatively offer different levels of practice to the people in your class.
DATES & TIMES
Sat 11th May 2-8pm
Sat 1st June 2-8pm & Sun 2nd June 2-5pm
Sat 29th June 2-8pm & Sun 30th June 2-5pm
The Power Yoga Company, Lettice Street, Parsons Green, SW6 4EH
£310 Early Bird Price for applications received by 12th October
Pre & Post Natal Combined Training: £975
Payment plans available upon request
PRE & POST NATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING AT PYC ACADEMY
With a focus on the unique needs of expectant and new mothers, this programme is designed to empower you with the knowledge and skills needed to guide your students towards feeling strong both physically and mentally throughout their journey.
Get ready to embark on a comprehensive immersion that will give you all the necessary tools to teach Pre and Post Natal Yoga. From asana modifications to meditation and breathing techniques, you’ll learn how to tailor your yoga teaching to promote wellness for both mama and baby.
Lulu has been teaching Pre and Post Natal yoga at PYC since the doors first opened in 2007. Since then, this yoga department has grown and flourished with thousands of West London women enjoying the incredible support of specialist yoga through a profound and transitionary time in their lives.
This YA UK accredited training is offered to yoga teachers with a special interest in working with women at this unique time. This course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to teach all mothers safely and creatively and with a deep respect for the profound intelligence of the birthing body.
Lulu’s pregnancy yoga teacher training was simply excellent and surpassed all my expectations. Lulu has such a wealth of knowledge, not only does she equip you with the skills and knowledge to teach pregnant women safely, she focuses intricately on specific language to use when communicating with pregnant women which allows mummas to feel empowered on their pregnancy journey and consequently in their life in general - a very special technique to learn.-Harriet
Find out more about the training
Apply now for the 2024 course
Get in touch with any questions you might have