PRE & POST NATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING AT PYC ACADEMY
With a focus on the unique needs of expectant and new mothers, we are offering a dual training designed to empower you with the knowledge and skills needed to guide your students towards feeling strong both physically and mentally throughout their journey.
Get ready to embark on a comprehensive immersion that will give you all the necessary tools to teach Pre and Post Natal Yoga. From asana modifications to meditation and breathing techniques, you’ll learn how to tailor your yoga teaching to promote wellness for both mama and baby.
Lulu has been teaching Pre and Post Natal yoga at PYC since the doors first opened in 2007. Since then, this yoga department has grown and flourished with thousands of West London women enjoying the incredible support of specialist yoga through a profound and transitionary time in their lives.
This YA UK accredited training is offered to yoga teachers with a special interest in working with women at this unique time. This course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to teach all mothers safely and creatively and with a deep respect for the profound intelligence of the birthing body.
PRE NATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
65 hrs teacher training qualification
48 Contact hrs
17 hrs Assignments
6 hrs Class Observations (included in fee)
WHO IS IT FOR?
Teachers who have completed a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training who want to deepen their knowledge of Pre Natal Yoga.
65 hours advanced teacher training accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
- The core asanas of pregnancy yoga and the physiology of pregnancy
- How to confidently adapt and modify postures for women working with contra-indications and common ailments
- Powerful pranayama to use through each trimester and onwards into labour and birth
- The exquisite work of connecting with baby through sound and breath and how to use these as tools to build confidence and release fears
- How to confidently and creatively sequence safe flows and weave in movement and breath throughout your class that honours the baby and empowers the mother in preparation for birth
- The history and lineage of pregnancy yoga, privacy and ethics of working with pregnant women
- Working with props, the importance of language and inclusion of mudras and mantras, setting up class and essential do’s and don’ts
- Comprehensive curriculum delving deep into pregnancy, anatomy, yoga philosophy, women’s rights and options and the birthing experience.
- In-depth sessions, empowering you to be creative and responsive to specific student’s needs and anatomy.
- Expert tutorials from a working midwife and a specialist womens health physio.
- From enrolment you are invited to observe six of Lulu’s classes (a course requirement) and will need to complete some pre course reading.
- Throughout the training you will be teaching in pairs and small groups.
DATES & TIMES
Sat 17th Feb 2-8pm & Sun 18 Feb 2-5pm
Sat 2nd March 2-8pm & Sun 3rd March 2-5pm
Sat 16th March 2-8pm
Sat 13th April 2-8pm & Sun 14th April 2-5pm
Sat 27th April 2-8pm & Sun 28th April 2-5pm
The Power Yoga Company, Lettice Street, Parsons Green, SW6 4EH
£695 Early Bird Price for applications received by 12th October / £795 thereafter
Pre & Post Natal Combined Training: £975
Payment plans available upon request
Lulu’s pregnancy yoga teacher training was simply excellent and surpassed all my expectations. Lulu has such a wealth of knowledge, not only does she equip you with the skills and knowledge to teach pregnant women safely, she focuses intricately on specific language to use when communicating with pregnant women which allows mummas to feel empowered on their pregnancy journey and consequently in their life in general - a very special technique to learn.-Harriet
Find out more about the training
Apply now for the 2024 course
Get in touch with any questions you might have